Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber shows old name when calling

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a problem with the Jabber: lately some Jabber contacts are keeping their old callsign instead of the new one. What can I do?

Let me explain the situation better: a Jabber is created for the directory number 150 named "Mario Rossi". Everyone when called by Mario Rossi read the correct name "Mario Rossi". Mario Rossi at some point leaves the work and his directory number (150) is given to Luca Bianchi...so I am going to update the telephone and line information on the CUCM by writing the new name of the Jabber owner but for some reason when Luca Bianchi calls , the others still see "Mario Rossi". I reset the line, reset the phone, nothing changes...someone know the solution to this problem? "Mario Rossi" is no longer written anywhere but continues to come out when Luca Bianchi calls.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

This can happen when the called user has locally cached the old name tied to the directory number. On one of the clients that show this issue do a cleanup of the cached information and test again.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber uses the directory you configured for name resolution, has it been updated there? If not, that's where you need to change it, not on the line, not on the device. Those are not used by Jabber. 

If you have, then do as Roger says and delete the cache. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

all the users are local on the CUCM and there are no more traces of the old users under "users"...

thank you