Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - unity connection auto login setup

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Have jabber integrated with Unity Connections.  When Jabber is first installed, user logs in using AD credentials.  Voice and chat services are then up and running after login.  However the voicemail is not but instead you need to click on the voicemail button and go to server settings and login using AD credential before it connects.  From what I can tell, this is only required after first install or if Jabber is reset.  I would like to remove this step from the jabber users so when they log into jabber,  the voicemail service is up and running with no need to login from the user.   Any idea's how to achieve this?

CUCM, Unity Connection, IMP and Expressway 12.5.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

have you setup a UC Service and assigned it to the service-profile in CUCM?

If Jabber doesn't get the info, to connect to Unity, then how should he do it automatically?

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

You also need to apply changes on the Unity for this to work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_0101.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

have you setup a UC Service and assigned it to the service-profile in CUCM?

If Jabber doesn't get the info, to connect to Unity, then how should he do it automatically?

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

You also need to apply changes on the Unity for this to work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_0101.html

Thank you.  I did have this setup but was missing the Credentials source for voicemail access.  I set that to IMP and reset jabber.  After logging back into jabber the voicemail service did not require login.  Thank you.