cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber users can't conference

Turner Herbek
Level 1
Level 1

I have 7 jabber users experiencing this. When they go to conference someone in and hit the green button, the call will drop. Any ideas where to look?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are these users configured for call recording? If yes, does the call only drop I if they conference in another internal user vs. a TN on the PSTN?

It’s not uncommon for call recording servers to have limited audio codec support (e.g., no G.722 or Opus) - and CUCM won’t renegotiate the call to accommodate the recording server’s limitations; the call fails instead. If that’s what is happening you will need disable those codecs entirely for the recording-enabled users under CUCM Service Parameters.

Otherwise you’ll need to pull SDL traces from CUCM and see what’s happening when the conference initiator attempts to join the calls.

Hello, yes these users are configured for call recording. We use Enghouse QMS. The call drops if they conference another internal user, but will connect if it's from a 3rd party cell phone.

I looked in the call recording settings and I can change the format from MP3 to Opus, do you recommend trying that?

No. The recording storage/export encoding is independent of the capture. The call isn't happening in MP3 now; the recording server is transcoding to that for storage. Check with the vendor, or their documentation, to see which codecs they support on the actual call and disable the ones they don't for recording-enabled users in CUCM.