cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP/AD Sync is importing full 10 digit DID

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

The LDAP sync (my first to CUCM 7.1) from AD was successful.  But one thing is not working as

I want.  If I press Directory button on the phone - the names are there.  But they have their full

10 digit DID instead of just their extension.  AD has to have their full number because it interfaces

with our Blackberry infrastructure and we need to be able to directory dial there.  I see there's a field

in AD "IPPhone" which might do it.  Although the windows admins hijacked that for other purposes.

Any other thoughts on how to get the phones to dial the right extension from corporate directory? 

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

For the Phone Number with AD, you can only sync with telephoneNumber or ipPhone.  If you can't get either in the correct format, you'd need to create a Translation Pattern to convert the number to the proper format for dialing, but that may cause other problems with your Dial Plan (like overlapping patterns, causing the interdigit timeout to kick-in for Extension-based dialing).  Furthermore, even with a Translation Pattern, Presence Status won't work for the Directories, since it matches the Number on the Line with the Number from the Directory for each user.

I would press for one of the other two groups to do something to allow you both to do what you need with those fields...Another option would be to point the Directory (via Enterprise Parameters or Phone Settings page) to a different Directory that you would set up that has the numbers formatted how you want them or use the SDK to edit the numbers from the AD Server.  See the LDAP Chapter of the SRND for more info:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/uc7_0.html