Helpful
Replies

LDAP Syc Requirements

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running CUCM 8.6.

I need to sync my CUCM with Active Directory 2003.

I need to know what information do i need from cutomer to fulfill this task:

For example what should i have to configure in below fields:

• LDAP Manager Distinguised Name*----  what should i configure in this field.
  • LDAP Password*-------------------------        this password would be the admin account of the AD. is it right ?
  • LDAP User Search Base*-------------        what should i configure in this field

Kindly let me know the re requisite to integrate CUCM with AD.

I will be very thankful to you.

Regards,

Mukarram.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mukarram,

Here you go:

LDAP Manager Distinguished Name

Enter the user ID (up to 128 characters) of the LDAP Manager, who is an  administrative user that has access rights to the LDAP directory in  question.

LDAP Password

Enter a password (up to 128 characters) for the LDAP Manager.

LDAP User Search Base                       

Enter the location (up to 256 characters) where all LDAP users exist.  This location acts as a container or a directory. This information  varies depending on customer setup.

All 3 things would be needed from your customer to be able to set it up correctly. HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

View solution in original post

Mukarram,

In addition you need to ensure the Distinguished user format as well as the search base format needs to be in LDAP query structure such as:

CN= ldapuser,OU=Test,,DC=internal,DC=domain,DC=com

You can use tools such as softerra ldap browser to find out the required string.

HTH,

Chris

Tiger,

You can also use that format for the distiguinshed name. It will work because that user exists in that domain..its similar to this format...CN=xyx, dc=xyx, dc=com...thats same as xyx@xyx.com

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

5 Replies 5

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mukarram,

Here you go:

LDAP Manager Distinguished Name

Enter the user ID (up to 128 characters) of the LDAP Manager, who is an  administrative user that has access rights to the LDAP directory in  question.

LDAP Password

Enter a password (up to 128 characters) for the LDAP Manager.

LDAP User Search Base                       

Enter the location (up to 256 characters) where all LDAP users exist.  This location acts as a container or a directory. This information  varies depending on customer setup.

All 3 things would be needed from your customer to be able to set it up correctly. HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Mukarram,

In addition you need to ensure the Distinguished user format as well as the search base format needs to be in LDAP query structure such as:

CN= ldapuser,OU=Test,,DC=internal,DC=domain,DC=com

You can use tools such as softerra ldap browser to find out the required string.

HTH,

Chris

thanks everyone

I put

Distinguished use as xyx@xyx.com

then it worked....how it worked i still dont know

Tiger,

You can also use that format for the distiguinshed name. It will work because that user exists in that domain..its similar to this format...CN=xyx, dc=xyx, dc=com...thats same as xyx@xyx.com

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

thanks aokanlawon....thanks alots for to the point answers...really appreciate...