Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP synch directory but not end users?

mclean.danny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi voice experts,

Is it possible to synch CM for directory purposes and not for end users? To clarify, I want to be able to leverage Active Directory for dialing between sites but each site is a separate CM database. I don't want to fully populate each database with my global user list and eat us licenses but I do want them for the global directory.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The built in corporate directory will show the users you sync/create as end users. So, the answer is no. You would need to build your own custom directory to do what you want

FYI syncing users has nothing to do with licenses

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

You can configure LDAP to import specific users to a cucm cluster. You can use the LDAP filters as well to decide which users need to be imported into cucm

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/112451/ldap-custom-filter-cucm-8x

Other than this there is not much you can do with LDAP integration.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the reply. OK, so the integration only does both functions? I recently saw there is an option to only tie in the directory via the enterprise parameters. I am goinng to explore that.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The built in corporate directory will show the users you sync/create as end users. So, the answer is no. You would need to build your own custom directory to do what you want

FYI syncing users has nothing to do with licenses

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I just validated what you said. I have 35 users in my system (currently in the internal CM DB) and only 17 are showing as licensed users since they are assigned to devices. I though a unassigned user would eat up a license, the reason is when I forst setup the system on version 1.5 I was over licensed until I started assigning users to devices. Not sure why that was.

Refer to below link in order to understand the Licensing Calculation 9.x onwards. It will clear most of your doubts related to licensing calculation

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117600-technote-cucm-00.html#anc3

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -