Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit of 15 rules in outbound translation **CME**

Paul Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our customer has a very poor legacy dialplan design with internal DN's which do not map neatly to the telco DDI (oh for a perfect world). They have a requirement to present an outbound DDI uniquely for each extension (about 60) on CME.

Despite being creative with the dialplan masks we can only accomodate about 40 of the 60 extensions using an outbound translation pattern on the PRI.The limit of 15 riules in a translation pattern is a problem for us.

I could configure a translation pattern on an ephone-dn but this would also affect internal calls so won't work for us.

So, I have been considering our options. The only thing I can think of is to create a number of outbound PSTN dial-peers but configure these with an incoming-number so only calls from certain DN's will use that outbound dial-peer. Then i can have a translation pattern on each outbound dial-peer where the 15 rules won't be a limiting factor.

This will potentially involve a lot of reconfig work so before I do it I wondered if anyone has any thoughts or indeed has resolved this issue in any way ?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just update IOS. The new limit is 200 since two years or so.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: