cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line group member presented with call while on an active phone call?

scoffman
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I've been racking my brain around this issue. I have searched to my hearts content and now I'm asking the community because I can't find the information on my own. 

I have two users who while on active outbound calls which they initiated, and while still being logged into the hunt group, are presented with hunt group calls. The users don't like this behavior and think there's something wrong with the hunt group. But. . . Everything I've read so far indicates that this is functioning as designed. 
The line group is configured to use the Circular distribution algorithm and the "Automatically Logout Hunt Member on No Answer" check box is selected. Here is what I found which leads me to believe it's functioning as designed. Pay attention to the highlighted areas:

• Circular—If you choose this distribution algorithm, Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a route group, where the nth member is the next sequential member in the list who is either idle or busy but not "down." If the nth member is the last member of a route group, Unified Communications Manager distributes a call starting from the top of the route group.

I'm having a problem finding what Cisco defines as an idle, or available member. Furthermore, I would like to find where they define what busy but not "down" means. If I had access to these references then I could provide documentation and an explanation that I know is accurate to the end users and their supervisors. Then they can choose to do one of two things; have them log out of the hunt group before they make outbound calls, or let the call get presented to them and when they don't answer they will be automatically logged out of the hunt group.

SO. . .

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out where Cisco's definitions of an idle or available member and busy but not down are located?

3 Replies 3

Set the Busy Trigger to 1 on each directory number that is in the line group if you do not want it to ring when it is engaged in a call on that specific DN.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Wont that cause other issues with their phone?

Only one that has the ability to answer that question is you as you know your system and your users. Putting the value to 1 means that if there is an ongoing call that no other calls would be presented regardless of where they originate, direct call or via a hunt group.

Response Signature