Helpful
Replies

Local Dialing Requires "1" for one local number

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 8.6.2.21900-5

Hello, I have an odd issue. We have one employee making a complaint about calling her own home. It's a local phone number but she cannot complete a call unless she prefixes the area code with a "1" like a toll or long distance call. Any other local call can be made without the 1.

I tested from my phone and have no problem completing test calls to her home phone with or without a 1.

I did a stare and compare on both phone and directory number configurations and see nothing different. All of the settings are the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you to all in advance.

16 Replies 16

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you should be concentrating on CSS that is applied on Line \ Phone.

Do a DNA and see if you can spot the difference.

DNA explained .

http://flylib.com/books/en/2.3.1.37/1/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/8_6_1/dnaguide/dnaacc.html

JB

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ross, can you try to run DNA and see if you are hitting the same RP in both the working and non working scenarios for that particular number the employee is trying to dial out. Also make sure to check the CSS you have with the one he/she is using both at the Line and Device level

http://IPAddressOfCM/dna

Regards

Deepak

Hi guys, 

Thank you for responding. Here are the results, (xxxx is replacing the last 4 digits of the number)

• Results Summary
  • Calling Party Information
  • Dialed Digits = 215968xxxx
  • Match Result = BlockThisPattern
  • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number
  • Called Party Number =
  • Matched Pattern Information
  • Pattern Type =
  • Time Zone =
  • Outside Dial Tone = NO
  • Call Flow
  • TranslationPattern :Pattern=
  • Alternate Matches
  • Note: Information Not Available

Can you run DNA for a working phone as well and dial the same number and see what RP is hit then.

Regards

Deepak

I haven't used this before, perhaps I'm missing something?

Analyzer Input

Calling Party * 1000

Dialed Digit Settings

215968xxxx <---That's the number dialed for her home 

Pattern Analysis [ ] SIP Analysis <--- Unchecked

o Domain Route <--- This is selected by default

o IP Route

Calling Search Space - US-PA-[ourlocation]-Internal

Device Time Zone - (GMT) Etc/GMT

Date and Time Settings

These are all default

Am I supposed to be editing the fields other than the "Dialed Digits"? 

Everything will remain as it is, just fill Calling Party, Dialed Digits and Calling Search Space. Since it is working for you, please check if the user who is facing this issue had also the same CSS at the device and line as you have or not. In case, CSS is different than what you have then try changing it for the user, reset his phone and then check.

Regards

Deepak

I guess I'm missing something. I put 9215968xxxx and the results from the analysis are the same as the first time I ran it above. The CSS is the same for all of the phones configured in CM.

did you checked both Line and device CSS.

JB

Yep, doesn't make sense. She only has a problem with one phone number. Everything else works fine.

whats it the call flow.

example

IP Phone -- SIP -- CUCM -- MGCP -- Gateway -- PRI --- PSTN ?

JB

Ross, is her external mask on the device line settings the same as yours (on the working call)?  Maybe her mask is misconfigured and is being blocked by a route pattern.

Hi Richard,

Everything is configured exactly the same as the rest of the 423 subscribers with respect to device and phone line config. The mask is also 215953xxxx where xxxx equals her last four digits of her ext. Same as everybody elses. 

This is one of the strangest issues I've experienced, not one other person in this entire company has a problem. It's just her with her when she dials her home phone number. 

Put the number exactly the way you would dial from the phone and then test.

Also is the CSS same for both working and non-working phone?

JB

here is the problem

• Match Result = BlockThisPattern
  • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number

check for Line \ device CSS for working \ non-working phone.

JB