Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Gateway options for Webex calling

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

I need to install a local gateway for one of our sites using Webex calling, I have some questions.

I want to use a physical router, so I'm looking at a Cisco C8300-1N1S-6t, this will connect to the local telco provider using SIP.

1.Does the gateway need a PVDM, I imagine no more than 20 calls max, if so which PVDM?

2.What licence would I need? do I need a CUBE licence also ?

3.I believe for PSTN calls, Webex will use G711? so no transcoding should be required from Opus to 711?

Many thanks

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

1.Does the gateway need a PVDM, I imagine no more than 20 calls max, if so which PVDM? --> If you don't need to do transcoding, you don't need PVDMs

2.What licence would I need? do I need a CUBE licence also ? --> Local Gateway is a CUBE (just a name for "CUBE for Webex"), so yes you need CUBE lics.

3.I believe for PSTN calls, Webex will use G711? so no transcoding should be required from Opus to 711? --> If you switch between OPUS and 711 it's transcoding.

2. You need a subscription for DNA Essentials and CUBE. Flex calling enterprise agreements can provide some CUBE licenses for free if the partner ticks the correct box.

3. The main thing to watch for here is a SIP provider that wants to use G.729 which some components of WxC-MT will not accept. IIRC, ad-hoc conferences and Call Queue prompts are examples of this. If the provider won’t guarantee G.711 for all calls you may need some transcoding resources.