Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking Cisco IP Phone Using Key Sequence

aniket0422
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All,

Is there any way we can lock Cisco Phone using some key sequence.
Regards,
Aniket P. Raut
8 Replies 8

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aniket,

What phone model and wehn you says unlock what are we trying to unlock can you elaborate.

To unlock setting press **#.

JB

Hello Jitendra, 
Basically i am looking for a functionality where in user can lock his phone after office hours using particular key code so that no one can make a call from his desk phone unless and until he puts the correct unlock code.
This should be for any Cisco phone.

No, there's no such feature within CUCM natively, best you could get would be FAC/CMC and maybe add ToD to the mix.

What you're asking for, can only be done with 3rd party apps.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Sir,
FAC and ToD has also been configured for call restriction, The problem with FAC is, Every time user has to put that FAC when he wants to dial a number.
Customer is basically asking for a feature where user can lock his phone by himself when he wants to leave his workstation so that no other can use his phone to make a call. When user will come back to his workstation he will unlock his phone to use it.
Regards,
Aniket P. Raut

Then they'll need to buy a 3rd party solution to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Have you considered extension mobility?. While it won't give you exactly the functionality you are looking for;  the logged in number could provide what ever access you require or have at the moment and the logged out number could be restricted to say....internal calls only depending on your partitions and calling search spaces. Yes/No?

Rich

Hello Richard,
Extension mobility has already been configured. But do to the efforts needed to log into the extension mobility using keypad + Phone reboot process, This feature is not appreciated when it comes to higher management users.

I've just come accross this while investigating an extension mobility issue. I don't think it would scale particularly well nor have I tried it myself but.... have a look at this and see what you think:-

http://www.uccollabing.com/2016/02/15/one-click-login-logout-extension-mobility-enterprise-feature/

Best

Rich