cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking down call forwarding

dlockwald1
Level 1
Level 1

I just started a new job, this company doesn't want call forwarding from phones but one of the high level vendors was allowed to have his phone sent to just one number. The last technician figured out how to disallow the change of the forwarding number he set in call manager. I can't for the life of me figure out how he did it. When I set a number in call manager the phone is still allowed to change the number locally and reset it in call manager. I'm really interested to know how he did this. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

In case you want to lock down the call forwarding, you can just remove the CFA button from the softkey template from all the phones. This would prevent users from doing from the phone.

The only option would now be the ccm end user page. In case you want to remove from there as well, use the following enterprise parameter on CCM Administration page :

Show Call Forwarding :This parameter determines whether end users can configure all, none, or specific call forwarding
directives for their phone(s) when using the Cisco Unified CM User Options (ccmuser) window. Call forwarding
options are not provided regardless of the setting in this parameter if the phone template assigned to the user's device does not support call forwarding

With this, what ever CFA settings you put on the phone, users won;t be able to change that.

Regards

Aditya

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Which version of CCM or CME you are running?

Regards

CUCM 10.5.1.10000-7

Thanks.

You should be able to easily disable / disallow anyone to be able to Call Forward All based on the configuration at the line configuration

Make it as "With Configured CSS" and assign the CSS which sees only the partitions of the On-Net DNs.

Please see the pic, just in case.

HTH

I've tried this, it still allows the number to be modified it just changes the restrictions on which numbers can be entered. 

Hi

In case you want to lock down the call forwarding, you can just remove the CFA button from the softkey template from all the phones. This would prevent users from doing from the phone.

The only option would now be the ccm end user page. In case you want to remove from there as well, use the following enterprise parameter on CCM Administration page :

Show Call Forwarding :This parameter determines whether end users can configure all, none, or specific call forwarding
directives for their phone(s) when using the Cisco Unified CM User Options (ccmuser) window. Call forwarding
options are not provided regardless of the setting in this parameter if the phone template assigned to the user's device does not support call forwarding

With this, what ever CFA settings you put on the phone, users won;t be able to change that.

Regards

Aditya

Hi dlockwald1,

try this:

1) Create a 'CFAll-CSS' that contains a 'CFAll-PT'

2) In 'Device > Phone', select the Phone, select the 'Line' and in 'Forward All' insert the 'CFAll-CSS'.

3) Create a 'Route Pattern' with the 'High Level Vendor Number' using the 'CFAll-PT'

4) If the 'Vendor' uses the 'CFAll' button, then he will have the only option to dial his own number.

Hope this helps.

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

Could always put the extension that is forwarded to the high level vendors phone on line 2 of the phone and set the forwarding number via the GUI. Users only have access to change the call forwarding on this first line of a phone.

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

You could always try adding the phone in question to a CSS that would only allow the forwarding based on the digits presented.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony