cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking Volume on 8851

svadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to lock changing volume on cisco ip phone model 8851 ?

The issue we are having is that people keep changing the volume to very low, then when we are paging, they can barely hear the volume since it has been lowered,  

As far as I know there are three volumes on the phone

1) when the phone ring

2) when we are talking 

3) speaker 

Is this correct ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @svadmin ,

I found this in another discussion. If you have The Cisco CallManager Administration program, try with this:

Q.    How do I prevent the user from changing the ring volume and network   configuration on IP phones?

A. Users are unable to change the ring volume if you disable the Settings       Access parameter on the Phone configuration page. Complete these steps:

1. From the Cisco CallManager Administration page, choose             Device > Phone, and click the phone for which you want to             prevent a ring volume change.
  2. Choose Disabled for the Settings Access parameter             under the Product Specific Configuration section.

When Settings Access is enabled, you can change the phone network       configuration, ring type, and volume on the phone. When you disable Settings       Access, the Settings button is completely disabled and no options appear when       you press the button. Also, you cannot adjust the ringer volume or save any       volume settings. The option Restricted is available in Cisco CallManager       version 4.1(3) and later. When you change Settings Access to Restricted, you       can only access User Preferences and volume settings. By default, Settings       Access is enabled.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @svadmin ,

I found this in another discussion. If you have The Cisco CallManager Administration program, try with this:

Q.    How do I prevent the user from changing the ring volume and network   configuration on IP phones?

A. Users are unable to change the ring volume if you disable the Settings       Access parameter on the Phone configuration page. Complete these steps:

1. From the Cisco CallManager Administration page, choose             Device > Phone, and click the phone for which you want to             prevent a ring volume change.
  2. Choose Disabled for the Settings Access parameter             under the Product Specific Configuration section.

When Settings Access is enabled, you can change the phone network       configuration, ring type, and volume on the phone. When you disable Settings       Access, the Settings button is completely disabled and no options appear when       you press the button. Also, you cannot adjust the ringer volume or save any       volume settings. The option Restricted is available in Cisco CallManager       version 4.1(3) and later. When you change Settings Access to Restricted, you       can only access User Preferences and volume settings. By default, Settings       Access is enabled.

Regards

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/informacast-override-volume/td-p/2779160 

Informocast do not provide control over volume so your only option is to block volume control by disabling settings access.

2) You can disable settings access, by below page from device settings. This will block speaker volume from getting saved.

Settings.PNG

3) You can apply the same to multiple phones per model using BAT Tool

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

rosapamela
Level 1
Level 1

my cisco phone is stuck on a certain volume how can i change that without going through admin support?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: