Replies

LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded CUCM 9.1.2

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys

I have the follow alarm in the RTMT tool:

SeverityMatch : Critical
MatchedEvent : Feb 20 08:37:24 CUCM-PUB local7 2 LpmTool[9659]: 3846: CUCM-PUB: Feb 20 2017 11:37:24.316 UTC : %UC_LPMTCT-2-LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded: %[UsedDiskSpace=68][MessageString=Common Disk utilization hits HWM!! Purging files...][AppID=Cisco Log Partition Monitoring Tool][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCM-PUB]: The percentage of used disk space in the log partition has exceeded the configured high water mark.

How do I solve the problem?

TIA
Cristian

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's just a warning, based on the % you have your alert configured to, logs get generated all the time and they will not go beyond that limit and will be deleted. To "fix" this, you'd need to disable logs/traces in your server or keep deleting them manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime

I´ve deleting the logs but the % remain:

Disk/logging 50179664K 15312868K 32276620K (68%).

TIA
Cristian

As I mentioned, logs will keep being generated, unless you want to disable them, that is something that pretty much anyone will see at some point in time, you can increase the % for that alert as well, you'll just get the alert at a higher %

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You can try this... Change the low water mark to 30 and the high water mark to 45. Leave it for 1hr. Cucm will automatically purge log files and traces and that will free up space in your common partition. The alert should clear after this time. Then change is back to between 80 and 85 or whatever value you want

Please rate all useful posts

bfollmer1
Level 1
Level 1

To free some space in the Common partition, you can try to:

• Log into CLI of Publisher. and use command <show stat > to review disk usage percentage.
  • Log into In RTMT Alert Central, reduce the values of LogPartitionLowWaterMarkExceeded to 40% and LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded to 45%,
  • Log into Publisher Servicability >> Network Services and restart "Cisco Log Partition Monitoring Tool" service on all nodes.
  • Back in CLI of Publisher, refresh the command <show status> to review disk percentage, allow 2-3 hours for used space to decrease.
  • Set the RTMT - LogPartitionLowWaterMarkExceeded and LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded to original values.
  •  
  • "Alternative" -- Use ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.1.cop.sgn – this file runs a script that deletes all files from an inactive Common partition. After using it you won't be able to switch CUCM version to the previous one.