Views
Helpful
Replies

logs for a specific phone

jazabhish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a confusion. For a specific phone logs which trace file i have to check sdi or sdl ?

Thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Firmware version can be seen from CUCM admin page when you go to the phone.

Info on when phone rebooted can be seen from phone log which you would need to be able to get to, or SDI logs should show that as well, just pull CCM SDI log and search for the MAC address of the phone.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What problem are you trying to solve??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

A phone was rebooting 1-2 times in day. Checked n/w port, was ok.

I have upgraded the firmware for that phone, so i want to check firmware logs for that phone and also want to check when the phone last rebooted.

Thanks !

Get the console logs by browsing the IP address of the phone.

HTH,

Chris

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What information are you looking for and what version of CUCM are you running?

Phone logs are not on the server they are on the phone and you can get to them by browsing the IP address of the phone.

SDI and SDL have been consolidated as of version 9.0, if running older version use SDI as you will not make much sense of SDL.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris.

Phone is at remote location. I am not able to get console logs....because FW is blocking me to access it through web.

I have upgraded the firmware for that phone, so i want to check firmware  logs for that phone and also want to check when the phone last  rebooted.

CUCM version is 7.1.

Thanks,

Abhi

Firmware version can be seen from CUCM admin page when you go to the phone.

Info on when phone rebooted can be seen from phone log which you would need to be able to get to, or SDI logs should show that as well, just pull CCM SDI log and search for the MAC address of the phone.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thank you !