cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for an SFTP recommendation for CUCM backup to replace Solarwinds

noc
Level 1
Level 1

Because of the latest vulnerabilities issues reported for Solarwinds, I am looking for a recommendation to replace Solarwinds as the STFP server used for backups.

What other Free SFTP applications do you know to be stable for Cisco?

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Iliana.

7 Replies 7

Cisco uses the following servers for internal testing. You may use one of the servers, but you must contact the vendor for support:

• Open SSH
  • Cygwin
  • Titan

Cisco does not support using the SFTP product freeFTPd. This is because of the 1 GB file size limit on this SFTP product

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100_chapter_01.html

Cisco does not support using the SFTP product freeFTPd. This is because of the 1 GB file size limit on this SFTP product.

Response Signature

Would you mind to give further information about the vulnerability you reference?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I am referring to the latest hack reported to SolarWinds on December 16, 2020. Although SolarWinds did not confirm that it affected the FREE applications, many of my customers have expressed their concerns about this event.

Thanks,

Iliana

AFAIKT the vulnerability affects Orion, as such it’s not related to the other products, including the SFTP server.

Response Signature

That’s the one I also found. Apart from listening affected products it has a list of the none affected products, that includes their free software.

Response Signature

noc
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for all information provided. I am sure this port will help to clarify doubts to many people after the SolaWinds news.

Thanks again.