cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac Workstations and Cisco Phones?

Cisco Contracts
Level 1
Level 1

I'm curious if anyone else has Apple Mac Pro, iMac, or MacBook Pro workstations running Final Cut Pro AND has Cisco 7900 series phones inline with the workstations.  We're having some trouble proving "it's not the network" to our editing group.  Editing group believes the workstations edit video (stored on a network server (apace systems) faster when the phone isn't inline. I personally feel it's a problem with the apace server, but I can't get past their "perception".

Has anyone else ever seen this problem?

Thanks!

Ven Taylor

2 Replies 2

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

It sounds to me like this is probably not an Apple or Cisco specific issue.

Is the data switch gig?  Are the phones 10/100?  This would certainly explain what you describe.

Have you checked that at least everything is operating at 100-full?  I assume you have sperate voice and data VLANS?  What about QOS policies?

It sounds like these users spend a lot of time accessing large file via the network, so I would tend to believe their perception and investigate if something is in fact wrong (or changed) in the network.

brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

QoS is good, phones that support 1Gig are in place.  The switches are 3750E (1Gig) and the apace server is 10Gig connected.

We have separate data & voice vlans.

I was mainly trying to see if anyone else has a similar configuration.

thanks!

Ven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: