Views
Helpful
Replies

Main Intake Call Queuing setup, not working 100%

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have read some other articles that are similar but haven't helped me through my road block here.  Here is what I am trying to do.

Setup a main line intake call group for each office we have.  I have created a Line Group, then a hunt list and finally a hunt pilot in CUCM, let's say HP is 1143268.  I then created a CTI route point for the main number let say is 4456996, added the DN and it is forwarded to voicemail.

Now in unity, I created a system call handler with the ext of the main line (4456996).  All that is set is transfer rule to transfer to mailbox 1143268, but I also have standard hours and holiday hours set on call handler.  

Next I created a mailbox 1143268, I enabled closed greeting and holiday greetings.  I uploaded a custom greeting for standard, closed and holiday and set each to play the personal greeting.  Finally I did a transfer rule on the mailbox for standard to just get handed off to hunt pilot 1143268.

First question I have, is why the system handler then?  to accept the calls for 4456996 and then hand off to mailbox with the hunt pilot number so if no one answers it will go to voicemail?

So now with that setup, if I call the main DN for that office, it goes right to the greeting, doesn't even ring the hunt group?  What am I missing?  Have I over complicated this?

Thanks for any input.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

In most cases you would make a few changes;

1-  on the CTI route point for the main number 4456996 you would set it to forward to 1143268 directly. This would then bypass the first system call handler (which could then be deleted.)

2- in unity connection after deleting the call handler for 4456996 go to the mailbox for 1143268 and add 4456996 as an alternate extension. This way calls that pass to CUC on a no answer or busy condition will see the proper 1143268 mailbox and play the appropriate greetings.

3- on the hunt pilot set the call forwarding to CUC for no answer and busy conditions.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

In most cases you would make a few changes;

1-  on the CTI route point for the main number 4456996 you would set it to forward to 1143268 directly. This would then bypass the first system call handler (which could then be deleted.)

2- in unity connection after deleting the call handler for 4456996 go to the mailbox for 1143268 and add 4456996 as an alternate extension. This way calls that pass to CUC on a no answer or busy condition will see the proper 1143268 mailbox and play the appropriate greetings.

3- on the hunt pilot set the call forwarding to CUC for no answer and busy conditions.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you Rob, that was spot on and I am good to go now!