Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Making caller ID as private in internal calls

Hello Friends,

In this oportunity, I´m looking for something regardless to modify the indentification for internal extensions. I´m working with UCM version 9.1.2 and I want to make some users as private. I don´t want show the caller ID and the internal number when someone calls into the company.

Does anyone have the right procedure in order to hide the caller ID and the extension number?

Thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

Can you describe your setup? How is your UCM connected to outside?

Also, not sure if I understand your requirement. Do you want to hide the caller ID for a group of internal users when they dial to outside.

Topology: Cisco Phone > SCCP/SIP > UCM > SIP Trunk > ITSP.

I don´t want to show my internal extension at all extension on UCM. All internal users shouldn´t know my extension number.

It doesn´t matter by the external calls.

In this case you can do the following:

- Create a Partition called Restrict-CLID-PT.

- Create a CSS called Restrict-CLID-CSS and assign Restrict-CLID-PT ONLY to it.

- Assign the Restrict-CLID-CSS to your DN

- Create a translation-pattern to match your internal extensions (for example if your  internal extensions use the range 1XXX then create a translation-pattern to match 1XXX)

- Assign the translation-pattern to Restrict-CLID-PT partition

- Assign the translation-pattern to the CSS used to reach your internal extensions.

- In translation-pattern configuration scroll down to Calling Party Transformations section.  Set Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation to restricted

I just set the private extension according your guidelines, but it didn´t work.

Could you review it and check again?

Can you please use DNA and share the result report for a test call? I want to see and make sure that the call is flowing as I mentioned.

Did you actually changed your CSS to one with only the TP in it???

Or simply thought that adding the partition from the TP would work if you added it to your CSS????

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

1. The new CSS contains currently partitions plus the new private partition.
  2. The Translation Pattern contains the new private partition and new CSS what coantains currently partitiuons and the new private partition.

I send you the attached DNA.

This isnt right. The new CSS should contain the new private patition ONLY. The translation pattern should use the new private partition and the old CSS used by other phones 

Now it worked, the private number appears like private number, but I can´t call anywhere. My extension has the new CSS, it only has the private partition.

OK, do you understand how this work?? and why it failed before??

If you do, you can adjust this as necessary.

CUCM uses best match routing, it failed before, because you didn't follow the exact instructions and left the other partitions there.

XXXX is not a better match than 9496, so it was not routing via the TP, but calling directly. Once you take out the partition that allows you to call 9496 directly, you force the calls to go thru the TP.

So, with the above, adjust your partitions and dial plan as necessary for internal/external calling.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: