Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapping analog trunks to phone buttons

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a customer who recently changed out their key system and has a new voip system in place. They have asked if it is possible to map phone line buttons to the two analog trunks they were once using on the old key system. These analog trunks are connected to the gateway but would this be possible?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to mention what you have to work with, not just what you want to achieve...

CUCM?? CME?? Version??? GW?? Protocol???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

My apologies. CUCM 9.1, CUC 9.1, Phone models are 7965 with expansion modules.

Gateways are 2921s.

MGCP protocol for the GWs.

The only way to do that is to set the attendant DN pointing to the DN you want to ring, and then use CSS and partitions so that only that same DN can use it for outbound calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi.

Which kind of card have you added to CUCM in MGCP Configuration?

Let us know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

They have both E1 and analog trunks. Right now all external calls go through the E1s but what the customer wants is to have an analog trunk port mapped to a phone button.  So that they have the choice to use that line to make other calls instead of the E1s if they want. I am not sure if this is possible with a VoIP solution.

Hi.

Because each Phone Line should have a Directory number mapped to it,

you can assign a CSS to first line to go through E1 and another CSS to other line to let the outgoing call to select Analogue Trunk

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"