Helpful
Replies

Masked Hunt Pilot/Line Group for Help Desk Outgoing Calls

Wilkie1674
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

CUCM 11.5

I did my best to search Google, then signed up here searched and read a lot of discussions but could not find something solid that I could go on outside of creating new CSS, PT and then doing transformations and/or translations. Maybe that is the only way, but it seemed extensive for what I'm trying to achieve. I'm relatively green to CUCM as my parent company controls it and is very finicky about giving us access where we need it to help our customers/internal staff

We have the Hunt Pilot x4727 which is our Help Desk number. Round robin (circular) setup.

A Hunt Group, and a then a Line Group consisting of 3 Help Desk employees with x1234, x1235, 1236 (example #'s) 
Users call x4727, no concerns, their number is displayed so our Help Desk can take, log and or call back these users. 

Issue: We would like outgoing calls from those 3 Help Desk employees to go OUT as a masked x4727 instead of their personal lines to avoid our end users playing favorites or calling back the individual directly.

I tinkered with "Calling Party Transformations" and "Called Party Transformations" within the Hunt Pilot settings, but cannot get my desired setup. 

Am I simply missing something? Am I in completely the wrong place? Are my only options to apply settings to translations/transformations at the PT or CSS level (I don't have access, and parent company doesn't know their own system)

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The settings in the hunt pilot are only for calls that come to the hunt pilot, when you place a call, the hunt pilot is nowhere in the call flow.

CSS and patitions are used for calling privileges in CUCM, they're not where you configure any kind of transformation. Read here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/dialplan.html#pgfId-1044276

You can use a translation pattern to achieve this and change the calling number, however, you need to understand how your dial plan works, and how your CSS and partitions are configured to make sure it does what you want, without breaking something else. And yes, this would involve creating a new partition and modifying or creating a new CSS so only those specific devices would have this behavior.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The settings in the hunt pilot are only for calls that come to the hunt pilot, when you place a call, the hunt pilot is nowhere in the call flow.

CSS and patitions are used for calling privileges in CUCM, they're not where you configure any kind of transformation. Read here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/dialplan.html#pgfId-1044276

You can use a translation pattern to achieve this and change the calling number, however, you need to understand how your dial plan works, and how your CSS and partitions are configured to make sure it does what you want, without breaking something else. And yes, this would involve creating a new partition and modifying or creating a new CSS so only those specific devices would have this behavior.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Makes sense, and kind of what I suspected. I'll see if my parent company IT will be will to do it for me. But at least I know what I need and can do some research on the specifics perhaps even tell them what to do in the end.

Much appreciated your thorough response.