Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking Outbound caller ID in CME 8.6

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I need to convert the outbound caller ID on all outbound calls going out a PRI to show the main number.  Currently the actual extension of the phone is showing up.  I have this in the config but I think I may need something else.

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /5.../ /177012345678/

Thanks in advance!  All replies rated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

or dial-peer e.g.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation profile outgoing TranslateOutgoing

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a section about that in the Administaror Guide, have you read it ?

Yes I have and it still not working, which is why I posted on here. What I have thus far is

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /5.../ /177012345678/

!

!

voice translation-profile TranslateDID

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile TranslateOutgoing

translate calling 2

But the extensions are still showing up on outbound calls. Perhaps I should have translate calling 1 instead of 2? Anyone else?

You have remembered to apply this in the outbound direction on the relevant port haven't you?

or dial-peer e.g.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation profile outgoing TranslateOutgoing

If you just send any number that is not your, telco will replace with main number.

Intead, look for "clid" commands under dial-peer.

Thanks Thomas!  That was what I was missing.

Paolo,

I have followed your postings for years now and found your answers to be most helpful.  Even if something you posted didn't;t pertain exactly to a situation I was in I tucked it away for future use.  Please know that I respect your contributions immensely.  Saying that, on this particular post you gave me a reply that amounted to RTFM.  I assume that anyone posting here is either a green newbie and don't know where to even begin to look for the answers or have genuinely tried to find an answer and can't.  I have seen a few postings where it seemed like someone was either lazy or was trying to get someone else to do their work for them but those seem few and far between.  When I post a question my hope is for a solution to a problem and not RTFM.  I had part of the config down but was missing the last part.  Thomas provided that answer and thus received a higher rating.

I didn't;t think a 3 was a low rating.  I didn't;t give a 1 or 2 and always try to be very liberal with my ratings as it means someone took the time to read my question and respond with a proposed solution for me or maybe more questions that I need to answer.  Please keep that in mind next time you give RTFM as an answer and please keep posting replies.  You have literally helped thousands of engineers over the years and I, like many others here, look forward to your continued answers.

Thank you for your appreciation.

I have edited my previous post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: