Helpful
Replies

Max simultaneous meetme conferences supported with CUCM 7.1.5

Virstra001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

According to cisco "

If the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application  service runs on the same server as the Cisco CallManager service, a  software conference should not exceed the maximum limit of 48  participants. "

So the max number of participants should not exceed 48 but is there any limit for max number of simulataneous meetme conferences.(Cisco document says 100 but is this a practical figure?) It surely must be depending upon the media resources...

Regards,

Sargam

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to make a distinction between simultaneous and total meetme supported. Earlier in the week I worked on a solution to provide a dedicated meetme solution on a 3945 ISR G2 gateway. The total G729 meetme supported was 296 sessions. Now the question is is that simulaneous, I doubt it. I would imagine that the simultaneous meetme supported will be less than that but the capacity on the gateway is 296.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

No way to give you a figure as that depends on what you have, you only set the maximum number of conferencees, but then it's up to your CFB resources to give that. On HW CFB it also depends on your dspfarm config how many conferencees you can have.

is

SW CFB can handle 128 streams, so number of sessions is = 128/conferencees per session.

Default is 4, so it would be 128/4 = 32

But that number is dynamic since the resources are also used by ad-hoc conferences and they use resources from the same pool.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: