cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maxed out UC520

Nathan Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am still fairly new to the IP telephony world and I've got an issue that I'm not for sure how to proceede.  I have a UC520 here at the office and we've been growing/expanding like wildfire over the last year.  Now, it's my understanding that the UC520 can support up to 64 phones.  We are currently at 56 phones and are planning to add several more employees to which we will be at the 64 phone mark.  My question is, can I buy another 520 and pair them together, or should I go the route of new hardware like the UC560?  I'm looking for the easiest to transition to/the least amount of downtime.

Thank You,

Nate

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no such thing as "pairing", you would end with two separate systems with the derived cumbersomeness and poor user experience.

Once a system has reached the maximum supported user count, it must be replaced with a bigger one. Normally, in telephony cutovers like that are done off office hours.

Note if you just recently took responsibility of this, and have no significant experience in voice and networking, recommend you locate a reputable consultant or UC certified cisco partner, because the system is not really beginner-friendly, and you risk frustration and poor results by approaching Do It Yourself.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no such thing as "pairing", you would end with two separate systems with the derived cumbersomeness and poor user experience.

Once a system has reached the maximum supported user count, it must be replaced with a bigger one. Normally, in telephony cutovers like that are done off office hours.

Note if you just recently took responsibility of this, and have no significant experience in voice and networking, recommend you locate a reputable consultant or UC certified cisco partner, because the system is not really beginner-friendly, and you risk frustration and poor results by approaching Do It Yourself.

Thanks Paolo.  That's what I was assuming the answer was going to be, but I wanted to make sure first.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!