cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum time that CUCM could handle a forward, until the call is terminated by the CUCM

Hi ,

In one of my attempts to understand the time limits in the CUCM, I came across this .

I want to check how long a call can be forwarded to the same directory number until it is answered or want to find out the factor that decides to terminate the call. 

Example:initiating a call from the IP phone 4931  to IP phone, 4901.  In the IP phone 4901, line settings I have set the call to forward to itself if no one answers in 120 seconds of ringing. This keeps on forwarding the call to the DN 4901 and this continue up to 30 minutes. 

Does any one know what stops the ringing at 30 mins? I had a look in the CUCM to find a timer that would cause this but not.

SIp expiry timer- 300 seconds (max)

T3201 timer-900 seconds(max)

Sip Profile of the devices, Invite expire timer- 3600 seconds

Min SE timer-3600 seconds

I can see that at 30 mins the CUCM sends a 487 Request Cancelled message and the cause for this is

Q.850;cause=102. Does anyone know the timer that caused the termination please? Can we change this setting to a bigger value. I'm curious to know the limits of these. 

Thanks

G

12 Replies 12

Hi,

I'm not sure but it could be these two parameter: Go to Service Parameter.

MaxForwardsToDN Service Parameter

MaxForwardHopCount Service Parameter

Regards

Hi ,

They are both set to 60, so there can be plenty of forwards. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

G

A forwarding loop might be happening leading to this issue. Can You give trace for a sample call?

~Avinash

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. I will be going to the lab today and will post the traces.

Thanks

G

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. I have now got the sdl traces and the real time data around the time that the call ended. 

Calling DN is 4931( IP: 192.168.30.22) , called DN is 4901(192.168.10.20.32). IP address of the CUCM that these two devices are registered to is 192.168.10.8. I have also attached here the log files for CUCM subscriber 192.168.10.9 and the publisher 192.168.10.7. But you will only need the subscriber 2 as the devices are all registered to 192.168.10.8. 

The call starts at 7.33 and ends at 8.03.

Looking at the real time data it says below;

10192973.001 |08:03:31.013 |AppInfo  |//SIP/SIPHandler/ccbId=0/scbId=0/wait_SIPTimer: TimerExpired type=SIP_TIMER_EXPIRES value=1800000 retries=0

I cannot find this SIP expiry timer set to 1800000ms anywhwere. The parameters I am using are as below;

SIp expiry timer(service Parameters) - 300 seconds (set to the max value)

T3201 timer-900 seconds(max)

Min SE timer-3600 seconds

Any help in finding this timer is appreciated. Thanks

G

What is the value of T301 timer in your service parameters & what is the value of Timer Invite Expires in your SIP profile assigned to the phones.

T301 timer-900 seconds(maximum)

In service parameters what is the value of SIP Expires Timer

Service parameter SIP expires timer is set to its maximum which is 5 mins(300000ms).

it's an old discussion, but did you solve that?

I have same issue in hunt pilot, i want to ring in 2 DNs 360 Sec total (Longest Idle Time) but after 180 seconds the call got disconnected.

I changed the Sip Profile And service Parameter But still the same error.

Sip expiry timer(service Parameters) - 300 seconds

T301 timer-900 seconds

Thanks,

Asaf Goldberg

Hi,

This post is very old but anyway i have analyzed your log and found that this is nothing to do that T3201 timer.

This call is getting terminated by imerType=SIP_TIMER_EXPIRES value=1800000 numRetries=0,because system reached with maximum number of retries value.

As you configured SIP expiry timer(service Parameters) - 300 seconds and it seems to be you configured retry for the invite is 6.

so 300*6= 1800sec and hence the call disconnection. if you want to keep this call live for 3600 sec please change re-invite attempt from 6 to 12.

Please rate if this is helpful.

Thanks,

Deepak

Hi,

Can you share CUCM traces? This will show which timer expired and caused the call to drop.