cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating regional CUCM to new Cluster

James Liao
Level 1
Level 1

Before the migration kick off. I would take the DRS backup at the existing regional CUCM.

Obviously, I have to make consolidation and customize when import to new CUCM cluster. My question is what are the key files that I need to bulk to the new CUCM cluster from DRS.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arcaidy
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to rebuild the server in a new cluster or just trying to move data/configurations?

DRS will copy everything but requires an exact match of version and IP settings on the new server for a restore.
You could use Prime Collab Deployment it you want keep everything the same but change stuff like hostname and IP's.
If the cluster you are trying to migrate to exists and you just want to move data like phones or other settings you can use the export function in Bulk Administration. The tables almost always require some modifications between different versions, but I have used the process many times when keeping devices but wanting to clean up the dial plan.

Thanks,
James Coffey

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You cannot customize anything in DRS files, you just do a restore from DRS on new server then do the customization in the new cucm itself.

Hope that helps, please rate and accept solutions if applicable

Thank you, I got it. 

arcaidy
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to rebuild the server in a new cluster or just trying to move data/configurations?

DRS will copy everything but requires an exact match of version and IP settings on the new server for a restore.
You could use Prime Collab Deployment it you want keep everything the same but change stuff like hostname and IP's.
If the cluster you are trying to migrate to exists and you just want to move data like phones or other settings you can use the export function in Bulk Administration. The tables almost always require some modifications between different versions, but I have used the process many times when keeping devices but wanting to clean up the dial plan.

Thanks,
James Coffey

Thank you very much for your comment.