cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from CMBE to Stand alone CUC and UCM

zac.speck
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any migration path from Cisco Unified Business Edition to Stand alone Unity Connections and Unified Communications manager? I have see bits and pieces but nothing definitive as far as migration process. I do know the Licensing will migrate so that is not my question. My question is specifically what if any tools are there to perform the migration so that it is not a complete rebuild, or is it a complete rebuild?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reusing the MCS-7828 After Installing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

If you have installed Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition on an MCS-7828 server, and you decide that you need to migrate to separate Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection environments for increased scalability and capacity, you can reuse that MCS-7828 server to run Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a MCS-7825 cluster. Although you can reuse the server, you must reenter your data on the server manually. You must also obtain another server to run Cisco Unity Connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/install/7_1_2/cmins712.html#wp486077

You can use BAT for CUCM and COBRAS for CUC.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am guessing this still applies and nothing has miraculously changed in version 8?

Unfortunately you're right, nothing has changed, that info is still valid.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I had really good luck on a Migration I did by upgrading the CMBE to the exact version of CM I had installed on the new hardware, then do a BAT full export from the CMBE, clean it up as far as Service Parameters/Server/Unified CM etc. then apply my licensing to the new box and do the BAT Full Import

Some errors I ran into are you need to check the overwrite button or things like your default device pool will fail to import, also if you dont have your licensing in it wont let you import the phones (over the 50 demo DLU's)