cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of VM's of CUCM 8.6.2, CUC 8.6.2, and UCCX 8.5.1 Clusters

DaleHolloway
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to relocate a 8.6.2 CUCM VM pub/sub, CUC pub/sub, and UCCX pub only to a new datacenter.  I have built new VM's using the proper OVA/OVF's and installed the matching versions of the software for each server.  My question is if it is possible to restore these new machines using DRS if the new machines have different IP addresses?  This is the first project I've had of this magnitude and I want to make sure I am not missing anything.  My plan was to now use DRS backups from each of the servers to restore the new VM's before making necessary gateway and option 150 changes before testing.  Does this plan seem reasonable?  Are there any big gotchas I may be missing?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dale

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, DRS requires the machines to have the same hostname, IP, NTP, default GW, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply.  So what is the most effective way to migrate all of the settings to boxes with new IP's and NTP sources?  Thanks for any direction you can give.

Dale

Build it in isolated network with the same IP/hostanme and restore and then change IP/hostname per Cisco documentation.  Or better yet simply vMotion the VMs and then change them.  Otherwise you are looking at manual build using BAT.

HTH,

Chris

emikelso
Level 4
Level 4

I just did this three times. (3 clusters)

Use the export/import function for CUCM and import all the data. That way, you can use new names and new IP addresses, but maintain all data. Of course, you will want to update the enterprise parameters after and not import the server info.

For UCXN, use COBRAS to export/import data.

For UCCX, I've only done a fresh build and import the scripts. You will lose reporting since it is a 'new' server and starts over, so if this is important, you can keep the old server online for a while. There may also be a way to export the data onto a new server for reporting, but I don't personally know how to do this.