cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum PVDM3 Cards for a Homogeneus Video Conference.

Hi Everyone.

How are you?

I am trying to build a lab for the CCIE, and I am considering to buy a 2901 ISR Gen 2 router to configuring Video Conference.

I have seen out there, there are PVDM3-16 selling in eBay, I wanted to know the minimum amount of PVDM I need to create a vied-conference 3 participants using the an standard Video codec.

I plan to use the 2901 Router to be my HQ router and it will have the following.

* Conference Resources.

* Frame Relay HWIC

* T1 PRI VWIC

What do you think guys, can you help me?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using PVDM3 for video conferencing has been deferred for quite some time now, neither the IOS nor new CUCM releases have the option now.

And you required a PVDM3-128 for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Just adding to Jamie's point (I guess he is encouraging us to use 4k routers), with a 3 Party H264-VGA on G711 VC should be done on a PVDM3-64 with a full T1

However rather than going for a 1xPVDM3-64 I would go for 2, and in case you need you can use both, you are good.

Test in the lab, and if you can get by with just 1xPVDM3-64, then you can return the unused PVDM3

(Ebay usually has return policy)

HTH

Plz rate all helpful posts.

Not really, you cannot do video conferencing on ISR 4K either, you need vTP, MCU or CMS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

It's kind of a tricky one given that it is still currently in the CCIE, but is also a feature that has been removed like Jaime mentioned.