cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

missing press * option in Unity Connection

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

When calling into Unity , I need to be able to press*  to access a different mail box other then the one Im calling from- It doesnt work. I didnt think I had to configure this- any help?

thanks

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At what point exactly are you pressing *???

You need to either press it while hearing the greeting, or you can simply configure a DN to send you always to the sign in.

You can use the Port Status Monitor to see exactly what happens.

BTW, I'm assuming you have not changed the default, and that the caller input is configured to send you to the sign in.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

When a user press the VM button on the handset, i press the *  then. It should then be presented with the normal " enter mail box ID etc" but it doesnt- it ignores this

When a caller calls it , it used the direct routing rules - Attempt Sign in or Opening greeting

What determines what Unity plays- Attempt Sign in or Opening greeting?- Is it these  conversion whic offers the * option

The Unity is remote and so the RTFM and port status doesnt work with this customer

thanks

Hi there,

For your query regarding a user pressing the VM button and then having the ability to press * to get to the Sign-In conversation, this is mapped on the Caller Input section of each individual mailbox as shown in the attached link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/gui_reference/guide/8xcucgrgx/8xcucgrg010.html#pgfId-1051392

You can update user mailboxes via Bulk Edit if you are trying to enable this for existing users and set this option on the User Templates for new mailboxes.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob

You dont have to do this for every user mail box do  you?

Are you saying that since CUC recognises the inbound CLI, it directs it to the user mail box - which means I have to add a * feature to every VM box ?

Can it not be done udner the direct call routing rule ?

cheers

+5 to dear friends Rob and Jaime. I will share another tip - I hope its of any help to you, if not please ignore :)

One way I have used in the past is to call the voicemail, then enter a wrong password intentionally, it will prompt for userid and then I normally enter the non-associated extention's user id.

The above will work, if you have the the below setting turned on (which we have for most of our enviornments):

In CUC Under Settings>Adanced>Conversations

Request Entry of User ID after Failed PIN Entry From Known Extension

Not a proper solution but works without anything special. You may lock the original account if you enter make many incorrect attempts (but thats easy fix - at least for me)

Or you can have a second line(dummy) on your phone with no mailbox and then press *. Thats another option - not scalable but if its only requirement for admins.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

If you go to the Main Opening greeting call handler and check the Caller Input section of the admin you should be able to map the press * to the Sign-In conversation.

Cheers!

Rob

ramans2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is by design. Every user, call handler has caller inputs in it and in evry caller input * sends the call to sign in.

So when you are hearing any prmpts in unity you can press * it will take you to sign in. Which will ask your user id and pwd.

Usserid will be the full extension,alternate extension of user.

Pwd will be the pin of tge use

There are few parameters regarding this settings.

Which are in advanced >>conversation>>

Thanks and regards