cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing SIP 180 or ringback tone

agibson81
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected a Cisco 2901 CME Gateway to a T-1 link through a VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1

This is my configuration for channel 1

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1 type e&m-immediate-start

dial-peer voice 1001 pots

corlist outgoing port1

service default

destination-pattern 1111101

port 0/0/0:0

With this configuration, I am able to dial 1111101 from my soft phone application and the first channel basically just goes off hook and let’s the PBX do the dialing. It all works great with one exception. I am connecting to a “dry” termination. Nothing on the terminating end has the ability to generate ringback tone or any status tone for that matter.

The softphone app has the ability to play a ringback tone wav files, but that function is triggered by receiving a SIP 180 message from the gateway. With this config, I am not receiving a SIP 180 from the gateway, just a SIP 183.

Is there any way to force the gateway to suppress the 183 and send a 180 instead? If not, is there a way to make the gateway provide the ringback tone?

Thanks

Edit 10/3/14:

Brian's advice was part of the solution ("voice call send-alert" as a global command). The other part involved adding " progress_ind alert strip " in the Dial-Peers.

Thanks for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Analog ports always send 183 Session Progress.  Try adding "voice call send-alert" on your dial-peers to send an alerting (180) message instead of a progress message with a progress indicator (183).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi.

Can you please send the output of a debug ccsip message while calling from the softphone?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Analog ports always send 183 Session Progress.  Try adding "voice call send-alert" on your dial-peers to send an alerting (180) message instead of a progress message with a progress indicator (183).

Resolved!

Brian's advice was part of the solution ("voice call send-alert" as a global command). The other part involved adding " progress_ind alert strip " in the Dial-Peers.

Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: