cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mistakenly bought CP-7841-K9=, can I flash MPP Firmware? (if so, how?)

jake-in-fl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am setting up a PBX (FreePBX) for a client who told me they wanted a Cisco 7841, so that's what I bought....unfortunately I bought the first one I found online and now I'm learning I bought the wrong model. I've done some research since, from what I've read it seems like I should be able to flash with Multiplatform phone firmware (it is V05) and use it as I was expecting. Is this indeed possible?

If the answer is yes, my next problem is how. I'm server admin, SSH/TFTP tasks are easy, but I can't figure out how to get into the 7841's control panel. When I go to the IP, it gives me a summary page, but I do not see a link to the control panel login. I'm assuming I would also need a user/pass to get in, which I don't have. I bought the phone new, I'm definitely the first user/owner of it, but the box it came in had nothing. I have created a Cisco account and downloaded the latest MPP firmware (12.1). 

Any help/tip is greatly appreciated. I'm supposed to install this on Monday, so my time is short.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manual Enterprise to MPP (no WebEx), but you are correct. It let me migrate the firmware, but when I setup the SIP extension the phone is complaining about the missing license. Looking into the cheapest 3rd party license reseller now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jake-in-fl
Level 1
Level 1

Found the right page finally and I was able to manually convert/upgrade the phone (no license required):
https://upgrade.cisco.com/e2m_converter_3rd#execute

Which Option you did ? There is  licenses involved for migration.

Response Signature

Manual Enterprise to MPP (no WebEx), but you are correct. It let me migrate the firmware, but when I setup the SIP extension the phone is complaining about the missing license. Looking into the cheapest 3rd party license reseller now.