cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Model 8841. How to change the voice mail password.

harold.vancura
Level 1
Level 1

Model 8841. How do you change the voice mail password?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That has nothing to do with the phone model, that depends on your VM system, what are you using???

usually you have the option once you login to your mailbox.

if you're an end user, you should reach your internal IT team for assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am an end user and set up my VM and password when they brought the system on line but there does not seem to be any way to change my password at the phone after initial setup.   I am used to a password change option in my VM menu but it looks like this system doesn't have that capability.

Thanks.

Hi Harold,

As Java nicely noted (+5), we would need to know what voicemail system you are running to help you out here. If you are using Unity Connection, there are a variety of different "conversations" (classic, standard, optional etc.) that can be utilized each one with a specific key input to change PIN, review messages, delete messages etc. etc. In most "conversations" the key press combo (from the main menu) is 4-3-1 to change the PIN but you can also look at other options in the link below which may help get you where you want to go;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/user/guide/phone/b_10xcucugphone/b_10xcucugphone_chapter_010100.html

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

The link you provided gave me the change PIN keys 431 which worked perfectly.  Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Harold,

You are most welcome my friend!

Cheers!

Rob