cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify Corporate Directory dial behavior

pcanters
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about modifying the corp directory dial behavior and I am wondering if someone has some input or ideas

CUCM10.5

I am learning all my users from LDAP

The telephone number is defined as a 10 digit no, in LDAP and is the DID of the user. This is being used for other applications so that people can dial from cell phones etc so modifying these is not really an option

The last 4 digits of these users represents their internal extensions

Ideally, I would like to find some way to manipulate the learned number sitting in corp directory by stripping out the first 7 digits and dialing the last 4 when I select a user in the corp directory

I have tried to do this but I have had no success. I have played with directory dial rules but have no success there either

I realize that I can set the LDAP import parameter to read an IP phone parameter instead of the telephone number but that means I have to go into LDAP and touch about 800 or so users and input their 4 digit extension and I am trying to avoid that for now.

Does anyone have a thought about how I can accomplish this or if this is even possible ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

You could try using translation patterns. Basically if your DIDs are in the range 408555XXXX, create a translation pattern to strip the first 7 digits. Make sure you will not have any digit overlaps because if your extension range and DID starts with the same number, that might become an issue. 

Alternatively you can look at the +E.164 formatted dialing to overcome this issue. 

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

You could try using translation patterns. Basically if your DIDs are in the range 408555XXXX, create a translation pattern to strip the first 7 digits. Make sure you will not have any digit overlaps because if your extension range and DID starts with the same number, that might become an issue. 

Alternatively you can look at the +E.164 formatted dialing to overcome this issue. 

Please rate useful posts.

I will give that a try.

Thanks for the reply...didn't think translation patterns would apply here

I tested this and this does work !

If I receive 10 digits on a PRi and map that to the extension, then the same translation pattern can be used for corp directory to extension..pretty cool.....

Now to make sure there is no digit overlap

Thanks for the suggestion

You could also use the IP Phone Services SDK to make a custom corporate directory to only show the last 4 digits.  There's an example out there on how to use that setup to prefix a number to the phone numbers.