cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying Default Credential Policy Credentials

Tanner Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to bulk add about 1,200 local end user profiles but continue to get the below failure:

-----------------

Warning :

LDAP Sync status is enabled.Some fields cannot be updated.

Password should be specified either in CSV file or default credential for Password should be set

Result Summary :

INSERT for 0 USERS passed.

INSERT for 1 USERS failed.

-----------------------

Our system is LDAP integrated which is what I believe is causing the issue. I've played with the password on the import but to no avail. I've found in my research that using the Default Credential Policy credential for the password would allow me to create these user profiles in bulk. Without knowing what that credential is, what would be the impact, if any, if I were to change the Default Credential Policy credential so I can use it as the password for these 1,200 profiles on import?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These were brand new generic end user profiles that are not associated to an AD account. I have found that resetting the credential only impacts future end user profiles but does not impact current local and LDAP users.

I reset the credential, then used the new password (which was previously unknown) as the password for all end user profiles in the bat file and this allowed me to create the local end user profiles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Try to Change the Users to Local User, then add the Users via BAT. Later Resynch the LDAP the users will again become LDAP User. Try this for single users before proceeding with all.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

These were brand new generic end user profiles that are not associated to an AD account. I have found that resetting the credential only impacts future end user profiles but does not impact current local and LDAP users.

I reset the credential, then used the new password (which was previously unknown) as the password for all end user profiles in the bat file and this allowed me to create the local end user profiles.