cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH fixed device in branch office? Possible?

In our company, we have a branch office 2 hours away who's clientelle includes an array of Country Music stars. The Principal in that office, who brought that clientelle into our company, would very much like to have control over what music is played while callers are on-hold. Currently we are running a MOH audio source off of the CCM server in our home office, using a .wav file of classical music.

He wants to be able to plug in a cd player and change the CD's according to who he expects to call or visit his office. He has stated that they often know when to expect certain clients to call, and that it really looks good to have that client's music playing on MOH. This solution would only be for that branch office.

So far, I've only found the fixed audio source via usb sound card on CCM server, and setting a .wav file in the branch router. Neither of these are viable solutions, as he wants the ability to change the cd's in that office.

We are running Cisco Call Manager 6.1.4, Presence 7, and Unity 5 with a 2821 MGCP Gateway in our home office. Our branch office runs on a 2811 h323 gateway.

Here are my questions:

- What is the best way to accomplish this if any?

- Could we setup a PC workstation as MOH server in the branch office? If so, how?

- I assume there is no way to plug in an audio player into the router. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!!

Jonathan

Jonathan Beardsley CCNA Voice; MCITP Telecom & Network Administrator DECOSIMO
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can still have your 50 MOH streams in the MOH servers and the fixed audio stream if you have the usb.

You just need to adjust who will listen to what MOH via the config in the line, device, common device config or enterprise parameters.

If you're using multicast and want the same IP for all sites just configure the # of hops so it doesn't go over the WAN and multicast locally from each office.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are some options for external audio sources that can be connected to your router: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html#wp1132847

From what I've read so far here, I can set it up for SRST, but how do I set the call manager to use it as a MOH Audio Source? Maybe I haven't read far enough.....

Thanks!

Theory is pretty simple, you're just going to instruct the phones to listen to a multicast source. They don't care who is sending it, and don't know who is sending it.

In this case just configure the same multicast IP in CUCM and in the SRST GW.

Phones will listen to the multicast MOH being streamed from the GW.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Okay, so what I don't understand from the Cisco Documentation is whether setting this up is going to disable the MOH audio sources I already have setup. our firm standard is just some non-copyrighted, royalty-free classical music on a wav file in the CCM. I need that to continue working.

If I set up the multicast MOH source on the branch router (2811 with SRST), and configure the CCM to use it, will I have to sacrifice my existing MOH sources?

No, you can still have your 50 MOH streams in the MOH servers and the fixed audio stream if you have the usb.

You just need to adjust who will listen to what MOH via the config in the line, device, common device config or enterprise parameters.

If you're using multicast and want the same IP for all sites just configure the # of hops so it doesn't go over the WAN and multicast locally from each office.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Excellent. Thanks!

Okay, so I am onsite at the branch office and have a CD player plugged into a Bogen TAMB2 (with Power Supply) and have a confirmed amplified audio feed into the FXO port on the Router.

The Router is all configured and ready to go, sans multicast IP/Port.

I do not have a good understanding of how to configure a new MOH Server for Multicasting. In fact, I can't even add a MOH server.....probably due to a lack of knowledge of MOH.

how do I set the MOH server to get the MOH feed from the Router? 

Thanks in advance for your continued help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: