Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH Issue

sizene001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with MoH in the test lab. When I place call from any local (internal) phone into the PSTN phone and place the PSTN on hold I hear two sperate streams playing at the same time. One is the CME music-on-hold and the other is the CUCM music on hold.

This is only happening to external calls and NOT internal calls.

Any pointers greatly appriciated.

Many thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you draw out your topology a little more? 

PSTN < --> Cisco Voice Gateway (Protocol?) <--> CUCM <--> Phone registered to cucm

Also what version CUCM are you running?

Depending on your deployment model how you use music on hold will vary.

You can set you Max hop on CUCM I believe. I would read the SRND for the version of CUCM you have in your test envirnoment. The SRND should have a section on this.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for the reply. This is the CCIE Voice lab topology and its hapening on calls that placed on hold to the PSTN. It happens from HQ, BR1 and BR2.

IP multicast-routing and ip pim dense-mode is enabled on all L3 interfaces on all routers.

CUCM is enabled for Multicast and its higher in the MRGL list then the Unicast server for all sites.

CUCM multicast server hops set to 1

HQ: I hear the MoH of CUCM and CME (they are different)

ccm-manager music-on-hold

BR1: I hear the CME MoH playing from two different sources, with split second difference

call-manager-fallback

moh music-on-hold

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route loop0 ip add and default-gateway ip add

BR2: I hear the CME MoH playing from two different sources, with split second difference

telephony-service

moh music-on-hold

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route loop0 ip add and default-gateway ip add

Thank you very much in advance.

That is becuase you enabled straming from the GW, the solution is if you prefer to play it from GW rather than CUCM to:

1. apply ACL on the GW to block the multicast stram from CUCM

2. Change the hop count on the Multicast stream on CUCM to something low, i.e. 1

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: