Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH not working on external line

Hi Guys,

I have setup MOH on CUCM 6.5. Its working for any internal call properly but when I dial the extension from out side of the network , I mean external phone, I can not hear the MOH.

Could you please help me on this issue.

Cheers,

Parham

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by checking the MRGLs are assigned to the GWs and you're streaming in the codecs you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Whould you please explain more. MOH is working for all the internal extension but its not working for any external call.

Cheers,

Parham

For MOH to work, teh gateway needs to have access to a MOH server. This is done via the MRGL assigned to the server. In the MRGL there is a MRG. In that MRG there is MOH server responsible for playing moh audio files. You  need to ensure that the gateway has a MRGL that has a MOH server in it..

Another thing is this..If the region between your gateway and phones use G729, which implies that your voice call is established using G729, you need to ensure that G729 is enabled for the MOH server through the IPVMS enterprise parameter. By default only one codec is enabled on the service.

Look at the link below to understand this better and configure yours correctly

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00803f8950.shtml

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Also check that you have the following command on your voice gateway

ccm-manager music-on-hold

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App