cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Volume Level in Callmanager 7.x

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am uploading some new MOH files to my Callmanager servers, however the volume levels seem way too low and cutout when I put someone on hold.  My guess is the MOH translator is translating them at too low of a volume as they play plenty loud on my PC.

I found the following document for older windows version of callmanager, but I can't find the MOH service parameters in 7.x. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805997bc.shtml

Where can I find this in 7.x and do you think this is my issue? 

Jim

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use Audacity or another application to adjust the volume levels before uploading them to CUCM. This is a digital conversion, not analog, so the volume of the files is what they will be played at. Don't forget, your PC soundcard has an amplifier involved.

Service parameters would be under System > Service Parameters. MoH falls under the IP Voice Media Services Application (IPVMSA).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

The problem is I tried using Audacity to amplify the MOH file, however in order to get it high enough to be heard as MOH I have to enable clipping and the resulting file is very distorted and doesn't sound good at all. 

Is there a way I can raise the maximum volume scale in Audacity as it only goes up to 1.0 and down to -1.0 and in order to get it loud enough to be heard the waveform is maxed out on the scale and clipping very badly. 

Any suggestions? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: