Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring active calls via SNMP for MGCP GW

ciaranjmurphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked repeatedly but I can't seem to find an answer that fits my scenario. If it has already been answered please can you point me in the direction I am seeking?

I want to be able monitor the current active calls for an MGCP gateway using my SNMP polling engine but I cannot find the OID to succeessfully do this. I have read in other posts that these stats might be available from the call manager but again I am unable to find the correct OIDs. We are running a Linux based CM 6.1

If anyone has any information on this I would be very grateful,

Regards

Ciaran

4 Replies 4

Do you want read active calls number from MGCP gateway or from CCM?
What is your MGCP media gateway? What PSTN interfaces are installed?

These are example of oid fom E1 port:

E1_0_active_channels" oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.1.0
E1_0_active_channels" oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.7.0

You can use getif, a free snmp tool, to get oid.

Regards.

Hi Daniele,

thank you for your reply. I use these OID's for my other H323 gateways but for the MGCP gateways they don't seem to be accurate.

For example if I poll 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3 using a 'poll on demand' realtime SNMP poller I get 6 rows of totals with OID suffixes ranging from 0.0 to 2.1. If I add all the totals for each row together the value I get usually is around 25 with a variance of about +/- of 5. The SNMP poller is polling for raw values and is not using any calculations on the results. I have verified this by using a seperate poller and attained the same results.

If on the other hand I issue the sh command (sh mgcp statistics) on the same gateway at as close to the same time as the SNMP poller as possible I get a value of 35 with a variance of about +/- 3.

Below is an example of the output from the sh mgcp gateway

DS0 Resource Statistics

-----------------------

Utilization: 20.55 percent

Total channels: 210

Addressable channels: 180

Inuse channels: 37

Disabled channels: 30

Free channels: 143

Where is the Inuse channels output sourced from above?

Thanks

Ciaran

What is the gateway model and IOS version?

Hi Daniele,

The gateways are 3845's running the code (C3845-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T3

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: