cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Active SIP Calls through RTMT

Dave Agro
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of changing our trunks in CCM to use SIP instead of H.323.  With H.323 we were able to monitor total calls at the router level using SNMP.  Apparently this is not so easy to do with SIP as I've tried a bunch of suggestions and have gotten no where.

So I am trying to use RTMT to monitor "Cisco SIP -> Calls Active", however I'm getting some strange results.  When I login RTMT to the Publisher, and click on "Calls Active", I receive a box showing our SIP trunks as I would expect.  However, when I select our active trunk, it always shows a result of 0, even when I am placing test calls on the trunk.  In our configuraiton, all of our devices are registered to the subscriber first, so I could see why the publisher might show a value of 0.

However, if I login to the subscriber's RTMT, and attempt to expand "Subscriber -> Cisco SIP -> Calls Active", I receive an error stating "No Cisco SIP instances available!". 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but some help would be greatly appreciated.  I would also welcome the idea of doing this through SNMP if possible.  We're using a 3845 router for our SIP trunk.

4 Replies 4

kriggs007
Level 1
Level 1

Dave I have noticed the very same issue with our RTMT.  The first time we tried to monitor the SIP trunks they were newly configured and we could monitor them all at first, however after we made some changes to the trunks they vanished from the instances within RTMT.

I see that there were no replies to your post and wonder if you were ever able to figure this one out?

I dug back through some old e-mails, and it appears that this required a reboot and then started working correctly.  Verify that all services are started up correctly after the reboot also.

Dave thanks for the information.  Did you reboot both the Pub and Sub?

I believe we scheduled time on the weekend and just rebooted both of them.