Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

monitoring ip voice calls within the cluster

Hi, im having an issue, im providing remote support to an assistant who is having problems fowarding the phone calls to her manager.

The problem is

She has her own extension (26815) and her manager extension (29225) , when someone dials 29225 she anwsers the phone and when she wants to foward the call to her boss, 29225, she press foward, dials the 29225, and at this time there is no signal at the line, she can come back to me retrieveng the call again, but she cant foward it to her manager.

Actually i dont know whats hapening because she is in other town, but we tried to transfer to different extensions and everything its ok, so, she knows how to transfer a call.

I have access to everything

How can i monitorice that call flow?

Thanks in advance

Cesar

4 Replies 4

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using IPMA?

Or just shared lines?

Do they have the same number?.

You can find out the call flow and why the tranfer fails from Call Manager traces.!

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

you can try this:

1. Leave the extension 26815 at the assistant phone

2. Delete the manager line from the assistant phone

3. Leave the manager extension 29225 ón the manager phone

Set on the manager extension cfw to the assistant extension 26815.

Set at the CallManager Service this parameter to "true":

This parameter determines whether Cisco CallManager ignores call forward all (CFA) destinations when the CFA destination is the same as the calling party number. For example, John (on Phone A) has CFA set to Jane (on Phone B). With this parameter enabled, Jane has the ability to transfer a call to John's phone without having that same call sent back to Jane due to John's CFA setting. This capability proves useful when Jane receives a call forwarded from John's phone, but which must go back to John's phone so that the caller can leave a voice message for John. If this parameter is set to False, Jane cannot send any calls to John's phone and the caller will not be able to leave a voice message for John. Note: This override capability only works when the calling party number matches precisely with the number specified in the call forward all destination. In cases where the calling party number has been transformed, the calling party number may not match the CFA destination and override will not be allowed. Valid values specify True (CFA overrides are permitted) or False (CFA overrides are not permitted).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other solution is:

1. Leave the extension 26815 (assistant line) and 29225 (manager line) on the assistant phone.

2. Create a new partition for example MANAGER-PT and create a new 29225 in the MANAGER-PT on the managers phone.

3. Create a copy of your existing CSS of the Line from the assistant and put the MANAGER-PT on the first position.

4. Put this CSS on the line of the assistant and manager (on the assistant phone).

Now everbody can call the managers line on the assistant phone. The assistant can forward the call to the manager.

Please rate helpful posts.

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

Hi, first at all thaks for your anwsers

There are may managers and assitants and this is working fine, and the configuration is the same for all of them; phones in the same partition, all of them reachables by CSS, with no IPMA and just shared lines, so a configuration change its not an option, i just need to find out why this is not working when its mean to work, and actually its working on many other phones.

I kown that the user actually knows how to transfer a call

In going to try to use the traces on CM, actually its a 4.1, but im concerned about to screw up the system, since its a productive enviroment.

I followed cisco documentation and i saw that you can enable traces just for a cetain extension, so i want to enable traces for both affected numbers

29225 and 26815

Tracing these 2 extensions, will have a high impact on the system performance?

Thanks

Cesar

Hi, im having a second problem related to this issue, it was related with the CSS,its already fixed, but im quite confused here

The configuration is :

CSS A and B are not reachable

Assistant phone

-----------------------

Device CSS

A

line 32897 (aasistant)

CSS B

line 32905 (manager)

CSS A

Manager phone

---------------------

Device CSS

A

line 32905 (manager)

CSS A

The problem was, when some dials 32905, the assistant anwsers, and when she wants to foward the call to 32905 again, so it rings on her manager device and he can anwser the call, she got a fast busy signal, i thought that it was a css problem, everything looked fine to me, anyway i changed CSS of line 32897 to A , and everything worked fine, but i dont understand why,

I she is anwsering to line  32905 why is the CSS of line 32897 being applied?

Thanks a lot

Cesar.