cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move Device to Device Pool that can reject Registration

matthubach
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way in callManager, to move a phone into a device pool that would reject the registration? I do not want a certain number of phones to register, but I do not want to delete them. Or some other way that would allow me to select a unique group of phones to reject registration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. What is commonly done if you don't want the device to register is to change the MAC address (i.e. first couple of characters) to prevent it from registering. Alternatively you can allow the phone to register but change it's CSS and Partition from making outbound calls or receiving inbound calls if that is a concern.  But there is nothing you can do to prevent it from registering if it's defined in CUCM and can reach it, outside of messing up ITL cert which I would not recommend. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. What is commonly done if you don't want the device to register is to change the MAC address (i.e. first couple of characters) to prevent it from registering. Alternatively you can allow the phone to register but change it's CSS and Partition from making outbound calls or receiving inbound calls if that is a concern.  But there is nothing you can do to prevent it from registering if it's defined in CUCM and can reach it, outside of messing up ITL cert which I would not recommend. 

Thank you!