Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP on 2821 being rejected by CUCM 9.1

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

Using CUCM 9.1 and a Cisco 2821 (c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T2 plus 64-channel (G.711) Voice/Fax PVDMII DSP SIMM PVDM daughter card).

We currently have a SIP trunk to Telco with the "Media termination required" checked on the configuration to avoid dropping calls to certain numbers, this trunk is currently only used for 70 DIDs with 25 sessions, in the near future this is going to be used for 600 DIDs and 80 sessions, which is prompting me to create an MTP on the router itself.

Please see SCCP_config attachment.

I have been trying to set up an MTP and a transcoder on the router, the transcoder registers fine but the MTP keeps getting rejected by the CUCM

I see this message on the "debug sccp messages"  - sccp_process_swb_control_message: rcvd register rej from SWB CCM, reason: Error: DB Config

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Example config:

dspfarm profile 3 mtp

codec g729ar8

codec g729r8

maximum sessions software 200

associate application SCCP

This will configure IOS software MTP for you. Yo can change the software session number to whateevr you l ike

You need to ensure that region between your sip trunk and the MTP is set to G729 if you are using G729 and G711 if you want to configure the software MTP to use G711

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your SCCP config doesnt have any MTP configured. You only have xcoder and CFB. You need to configure either IOS software MTP or hardware MTP depending on what you want.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Aokanlawon -

I need IOS software MTP, is there a document that you can point me to?

Thanks for the quick resp[onse.

Example config:

dspfarm profile 3 mtp

codec g729ar8

codec g729r8

maximum sessions software 200

associate application SCCP

This will configure IOS software MTP for you. Yo can change the software session number to whateevr you l ike

You need to ensure that region between your sip trunk and the MTP is set to G729 if you are using G729 and G711 if you want to configure the software MTP to use G711

Thanks Aokanlawon, it's working now. Much appreciated.