Views
Helpful
Replies

multisite of UC540 without Multisite VPN

dereed268
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 3 locations, all connected with MPLS via our ISP, and each location has a UC540.  I would like to be able to dial site-to-site without using the Multisite Manager in CCA, as this creates it's own VPN tunnel for the site-to-site traffic.  I read that I could do it by configuring the dial-peers with CLI, but am unsure how to make the routes between the boxes.  Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You just need to set the session-target as the remote IP of whatever remote site you are trying to call.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description Send 1XXXX to 1.1.1.1

destination-pattern 1....

session-target ipv4:1.1.1.1

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description Send 2XXXX to 2.2.2.2

destination-pattern 2...

session-target ipv4:2.2.2.2

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have IP connectivity working between all 3 locations?  If so, all you need to do is configure the dial-peers.

I do, and that is my question.  I am unsure of how to configure the dial-peers for the site-to-site.  I am familar with setting translation rules for normal calling, but I don't know how to do the site-to-site setup.

You just need to set the session-target as the remote IP of whatever remote site you are trying to call.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description Send 1XXXX to 1.1.1.1

destination-pattern 1....

session-target ipv4:1.1.1.1

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description Send 2XXXX to 2.2.2.2

destination-pattern 2...

session-target ipv4:2.2.2.2

Thank you very much.  I saw the pattern in my conf for going to voicemail, but wasn't sure of the exact configuration for setting the site-to-site dialing up.  So each box would need to have both of those, as one is one location and one is the other.  I also assume that I would have to add a dial-peer voice 300 voip for the 3rd location, correct?

Correct on the first part.  You shouldn't need a 3rd one as each site connects to 2 other sites.   Default codec is G.729 so you may need to change that depending upon your setup.  You will also need to make sure the session-target IP address is the IP address you have H323 binded to on the remote UC540.

Excellent, thanks again for all the help!