Views
Helpful
Replies

Music On Hold Call Manager 11.5

galaga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Call Manager 11.5 on a be6000 and am trying to do random music on hold. I can only seem to do one song at a time. I understand you can no longer plug in a usb device (ipod) into the be6000.  

The way I understand this is there is no way to randomize or rotate the MOH so it plays different songs.

Can anyone confirm that this is true ?

Any third party app or device I can purchase.

I would prefer not to live stream.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roadmap questions are NDA material and thus, cannot be shared in public forums. If you're a partner, post in the partner communities, if not, you'd need to reach out to your SE/AM for that info.

The current solution for this is only multicast MOH (either live stream from an ISR or something like Barix), CUCM 11.5 implemented a multicast to unicast method for applications that do not support multicast (like CTI for UCC) but that's the only option you have to hook an MP3 player and play random MOH.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, there is no way to play a random MOH file, you can only configure one MOH source and it's a static configuration.

The only option is to do live MOH via multicast.

HTH

java

thanks !

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
yeah like Jamie said you a can use live stream using multicast MOH using various ways, I've seen a few customers using a Barix Instreamer solution for doing this.

http://www.barix.com/fileadmin/data/howto/MoH_CUCM_Instreamer_02.pdf

But if you are not interested in live streaming, the only workaround I can think up of is concatenating multiple audio files into a single file and using multicast MOH so that there will be a variety of songs which will be played, we can't control when what will play for whom though if you are doing this.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Thanks. I v'e read where people want to avoid multi casting ? Thoughts ?

Any upcoming Call Manager releases that will address this ?

Roadmap questions are NDA material and thus, cannot be shared in public forums. If you're a partner, post in the partner communities, if not, you'd need to reach out to your SE/AM for that info.

The current solution for this is only multicast MOH (either live stream from an ISR or something like Barix), CUCM 11.5 implemented a multicast to unicast method for applications that do not support multicast (like CTI for UCC) but that's the only option you have to hook an MP3 player and play random MOH.

HTH

java