cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold Question between two phone in the same CUCM?

techToddler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I happen to view a log file where I am not seeing a MOH server being used when put on hold.

Two  phones registered to the same call CUCM. One is SIP and the other is SCCP.

I tried calling the other with local 4 digit extension and picked up on the other. Placed the call on hold and could hear the default cisco music.

I checked the logs and i didnt see the MOH trace. Am I seeing something wrong or should I see something specific like keyword or command.

Please help.

Regards

Sanjay.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No MTP is not needed for a simple hold and resume scenario. What happens here is the cucm signals a close receive channel for media when put on hold and invokes moh and play music if configured and resource available. When the call is resumed it stops moh and just signal a open receive channel for media again. So MTP was not at all needed.

HTH

Rajan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sanjay,

Even for internal calls, for playing MOH MOH resource will be invoked. YOu will see something like allocate MOH request and response. The node from which the MOH resource is used could be the same node in which the phones are registered or could be a different one.

Have you checked the traces from all nodes ?

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

I apologize for this. I tried to put MTP on question instead of MOH. Should MTP be invoked in this scenario?

Sanjay.

Sanjay,

Go through the below document in order to understand when will MTP be invoked. What you are doing is a simple MOH scenario and will not invoke a MTP

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/media.html#pgfId-1046314

Normal scenarios where MTP is invoked cover below topics:

1. DTMF mismatch for example H.323 to SIP or MGCP to SIP deployment using traditional DTMF method.

2. Media termination in a uccx deployment over sip trunks

3. Trans rating/re-packetization i.e. converting from 20ms packetization to 30ms

4. SDP offer in early offer on a sip trunk

5. Fast start on h323 gateways.

6.Trusted Relay Point (TRP) set to ON

7.MTP required checkbox checked

8. DTMF mismatch between endpoints (in band to OOB)

9. Packetization mismatches (also g711a to g711u)

10. Interoperability with 3rd parties for how CUCM puts calls on hold (inactive with 0.0.0.0)

11. For outbound early offer (SDP in the INVITE)

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

No MTP is not needed for a simple hold and resume scenario. What happens here is the cucm signals a close receive channel for media when put on hold and invokes moh and play music if configured and resource available. When the call is resumed it stops moh and just signal a open receive channel for media again. So MTP was not at all needed.

HTH

Rajan

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which logs did you check?

SSH to CUCM and give command 'show perf query class "Cisco MOH Device" and you should see the active MoH server and number of streams.

- Vivek