Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Issues Cisco Unity 8

Okechi Awujo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I am having some issues with MWI on unity 8. (CUCM Version 8.0) They dont come on or off .. however the email notification works fine.. in  the windows  event viewer i get  a CiscoUnity_Notifier :   

Failed to set message waiting lamp for username, ext 4221, switch 0, cluster 0, reason: SetMWI failed with [0x80004005; E_FAIL].

I Have resync'd the MWI no joy.. anyone seen this before?? any help will be appriciated

Regards

Okechi

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this working before??

Have you checked all the basics?? MWI DNs match on both sides, MWI DNs do work, CSS, partitions, etc??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

80004005 is always "access denied"

Hope this helps

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

asilveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

I have integrated CUCM 8.6 with Cisco Unity Connection 8.0 through SIP. Everything worked fine excetp for the MWI. They do not turn either on or off. The message in the trace is the same above:

12:43:14.970 |29542,,,-1,-1,Failed to set message waiting lamp for Promon Logicalis, ext 7069999, switch CORP-01. TECHNICAL DETAILS: SetMWI failed with [0x80004005; E_FAIL].

Does anyone know where could be the problem?

Regards,

André Silveira

Try to call from your IP phone (4221) the mwi on number and mwi off number , to check the reachabilty.

Hi Islam,

This test would be good if the integration were done through SCCP. With SIP integration there is no MWI On or Off extensions to call.

Regards,

André

what about the voice mail msg , is this sent when you record your message?.Did you check your voice mail box?.If the msg did not send to yours  , please check .

Hi Islam

The voice-mail is there in the voice-mail box (Unity Connection). I can hear it when I call Unity through IP Phone.

Regards,

André Silveira

Have you configured the custom sip (security) profiles on the trunk on the cucm side? You need to allow unsolicited notifications in CUCM for MWI via sip trunks to work!
We have it working and that was all it took. It is pretty good described in the CUC manuals.

Regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,

I have followed all instructions on the "Setting Up a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.x SIP Trunk Integration with Cisco Unity Connection" manual below. All three fields were checked and the SIP Trunk Security Profile applied on the SIP Trunk configuration. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/cucintcucmsip060.html

The problem seems to be on the Unity side. Analyzing the trace files of CUCM, there is no SIP message arriving from Unity Connection.

Regards,

André Silveira

Can you tell is exactly which versions we're talking about? Unity or Unity connection? 8.0 or 8.6? And CUCM?

Regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,

Below are the versions of the systems:

CUCM 8.6 (System version: 8.6.2.21900-5)

Cisco Unity Connection 8.0 (Version 8.0.1.10000-272). Single machine (not cluster).

One more detail: Cisco Unity Connection is integrated with two systems. The first one is a CUCM 8.0 and the integration was done through SCCP. This integration is working fine and is defined as the default TRAP phone system for Unity Connection.

The second one (I have made it two days ago) is with a CUCM 8.6 through SIP. Everything worked correctly except for the MWI. This is the problem we are discussing here.

Regards,

André

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: