Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update, IOS, CME and CUE

Hi everyone.

My costumer has decided install 2 7937 conference ephones

The case is they have a old version (IOS 12.4(15)T2, CUE 2.3 and CME 4.1) on their 2851 router.

So, I have to update everything to 12.3(24)T8, CUE 7.0 and CME 7.1 to support 7937 ephones.

I have clear the procedures to upgrade the platform (more or less) but I would like to know if we could perform the upgrade whitout lost any configuration in CUE. And If I would need a new licensy files for CUE or CME.

Thank you.

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all, the CME update to CME 7.1 is not worth to be done. Update to 15.1(4)M5, that is the final for ISR G1 routers.

Second, for the CUE update, you backup configuration and database, so in any case there will no configuration loss.

For CUE depedning on the vesion, you can self-generate license files on the licensing portal.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all, the CME update to CME 7.1 is not worth to be done. Update to 15.1(4)M5, that is the final for ISR G1 routers.

Second, for the CUE update, you backup configuration and database, so in any case there will no configuration loss.

For CUE depedning on the vesion, you can self-generate license files on the licensing portal.

Thank you for the answer.

Ok.

I've seen I can install 7937 with 12.4(15)XZ IOS and CME 4.3. I think this would be a easy instalation so I don't have to upgrade the CUE Right? 

Cheers

These upgrades are very easy, so go with what Paolo suggests and use CME 8.6 (15.1.4M) and CUE 8.6.

HTH,

Chris

OK, I will.

Thank you for your help.