cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI key

Mike Matoska
Level 1
Level 1

So I have a Constable line that's a Hunt Pilot ringing 3 phones via Broadcast  and RNA to Unity Voice Mail Box for the Constable

Question is I would like to put a MWI Key on those 3 Phones in the Hunt Group indicating  a Voice Mail.so they know when there is a Voice Mail?

I know I can go into the Constable Unity Voice Mail Profile under Message Waiting Indicators and add the Extension number but end user will not know if its a Constable Line Voice Mail or there DID number Voice Mail

I've done on CUCM 9.1 years ago I'm currently 11.5.1.21900-40

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM has no concept of MWI-only PLK. Two options come to mind:

1. Convert the Hunt Pilot to a Directory Number and set a shared line appearance on the three phones. CUCM will automatically set the MWI state across all line appearances of the DN.
  2. Configure a Unity Connection distribution list, move this "Constable" mailbox to a Call Handler, and have it send messages to the distribution list with Mark for Dispatch checked. In this scenario the normal user mailboxes get the message, one of the users can accept the message, and it is then removed from all other distribution list member mailboxes. The main caveat here is that the user must call into their mailbox to accept the message; they cannot do it from their email client with Single Inbox.